This book is a short guide for people in their 20’s trying to create a company in America. It includes 21 successful founders. In it, each founder covers about 2 out of the 13 topics below to share their opinions and personal experiences from when they started their own business.
1. How do you start a company ?
2. How do you capitalize on resources, experiences, and strengths—and manage weaknesses?
3. What are the benefits and drawbacks of co-founders, teammates, and mentors?
4. How do you support yourself when starting a company—financially and personally?
5. How did you develop your product?
6. How did you deal with competition, audience, and trends?
7. How do you operate and manage your company?
8. How did you get funding and develop your business model?
9. How do you contemplate scalability and growth for your company?
10. What are sales and marketing tactics that have worked for your company?
11. How do you handle challenges of the global marketplace, including visas and the legal system?
12. How have you dealt with failures?
13. What is the most important advice you would give to first-time founders?